Shipping & Delivery
Capital Avionics, Inc., is a manufacturer’s representative and warranty service center for the following companies:
- Garmin International
- Northern Airborne Technology (now Cobham)
- Rockwell Collins
- S-Tec Autopilots
- Technisonic Industries
- Wulfsberg (now Cobham)
Shipping & Mailing Address
Capital Avionics, Inc.
3701 Hartsfield Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32303
PH: (850) 575-4028
FX: (850) 575-7441
FAA Certified Repair Station: NS4R399M
EASA Certified Repair Station: 145-4290
Radio Class 1,2,3
Instrument Class 2,3
Consult with your shipper to ensure that your component is being packaged to their specifications. General guidelines are as follows:
- Allow at least 3” clearance on all sides of the component to the edge of the shipping container. For gyroscopic and other delicate pneumatic instruments the clearance should be 6” and the packing material resilient to prevent bearing damage.
- Insure that the packaging material has sufficient cohesiveness to prevent the component from shifting to the edge of the container (“peanuts” are particularly susceptible to this).
- Ship radar indicators and radar receiver/transmitter units in separate containers. This prevents the indicator’s CRT from being magnetized by the receiver/transmitter’s magnetron.
- Include the following information in the container:
- A copy of the completed F.A.S.T. form. (Found on our web site here.) It should contain a description of what you want us to do.
• Test/Repair as necessary and provide 8130-3
• Overhaul as necessary and provide 8130-3
- The Urgency
• Is the aircraft grounded, or in maintenance and scheduled out at a given date?
• When do you need it back? Give us a date so that we can do our best to meet your schedule.
- Why is the unit being sent in to us? Does it have a discrepancy? More information means less time that we spend looking for the problem or solution. Examples:
• Intermittent. What functions work and what functions do not work. Tell us when it works and when it does not.
• Inop. What functions work and what functions do not work.
• Purchased without any history. Need complete functional test and 8130-3.
- Mark container as FRAGILE.